The Friends of Wake Soil and Water Conservation District is one of the proud sponsors of the 2013 Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market.
Come out every Wednesday 10-2 for fresh local produce, meat, flowers, and more. 400 Fayetteville St. / City Plaza. Come tomorrow for a big blow out. Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market
Join us this Wednesday for the Pig Pickin’ Kickoff Celebration
Come celebrate the opening of the 2013 Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market season this Wednesday, April 24, from 10 am-2 pm at the Pig Pickin’ Kickoff Celebration. To officially inaugurate the new season, Mayor Nancy McFarlane will ring the Market’s ceremonial opening bell at 12:15 pm.
This year’s event welcomes festival goers for a true Eastern North Carolina pig-pickin’ featuring:
- $5 BBQ Sandwiches sold by The Pit
- At noon, Southern food expert Bob Garner will discuss and provide samples of the historic Brunswick stew
- Live bluegrass music entertainment, Old Habits
- Scavenger hunt for kids
- Raffle for $200 gift certificate to Empire Eats Restaurants
- Giveaways including pedometers courtesy of BCBSNC
- Multiple local box lunch options
The 2013 season welcomes back returning favorites and a new and exciting list of participants. Meet the 2013 vendors.