The 2013 Come to the Table Conferences: People of Faith Relieving Hunger and Supporting Local Agriculture.
These conferences include inspiring plenaries, topical breakout sessions, lunch, and a unique chance to meet partners engaged in local food systems and hunger relief work.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Kinston Community Arts Council
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
Southwestern Community College
Workshop topics will include:
• Food Insecurity: Why our Neighbors are Hungry and What You Can Do
• Supporting Farmers, Supporting Families: How Can Local Food Be Accessible?
• Theology of Food and Agriculture: How Faith Can Guide and Inspire Our Work
• Empowering Youth Through Food Ministries and Projects
• Building Support for Your Ministry or Non-Profit
• Health Ministries: How Congregations Can Help Nourish Body and Soul
• Farmworkers: Supporting Those Who Harvest our Food
• Community Gardening 101: Basics of a Successful Community Garden
• Community Organizing 101: Skills for Sustaining Projects in Your Congregation or Community
Registration is a sliding scale of $0-$15. Click here to learn more about online and paper registration.
Come to the Table is a project of the Rural Life Committee of the NC Council of Churches, coordinated by RAFI with support from the Duke Endowment.
Questions? Contact Sarah Gibson at sarah, Francesca Hyatt at fhyatt or call Sarah at (919) 259-5169.